The Beret Dilemma
Why is it a dilemma? Let me explain. So I've loved beret for the longest time, probably since middle school (post-Gossip Girl obsession). If you scroll way back on my instagram you can find that I styled berets since a while back now, but, this past year beret have suddenly become super trendy. I just noticed that suddenly, one day, all my favorite influencers and I mean ALL of them were wearing berets left and right! I'm not quite sure how to feel though, because now when I wear berets and post them (yes its been trendy so I've been wearing them a lot more often) I honestly look like I'm just following the trend.
Theres something about having a personal touch to my style, things that I personally like and isn't necessarily trendy that looks good but feels like my own thing. When things become popular, I feel like the same as everyone else. Especially since theres so many influencers and style icons, I want to differentiate and define my style but at the same time being "trendy" isn't necessarily bad. Thats why its a dilemma. Do I like that people are recognizing berets and wearing them? Or is it sad since once the hype is over does and I wear it next year it just looks like I'm wearing last season's trend? What is your take?
Well I guess regardless, I will always love berets even if it means wearing something that was once trending and is now not. On another note, red and navy is also one of my favorite combinations of colors to wear. The red also adds such a nice color of pop into my otherwise muted outfit. What other color combinations should I try?
Links à la Mode, March 1st, 2018
- Adorned in Armor: The Best K-Beauty Products You Need for Amazing Skin
- Aesthetic Distance: My Final Oscar 2018 Predictions And Some Random Thoughts About The Nominees
- Chicago Petite Blog: 3 Rules for Wearing Midi Skirts for Petites
- Couture Crush: The Beret Dilemma
- Everyday Starlet: Sparkle App Makeup Tutorial | Add Glitter to a Matte Makeup Look
- Fashion to Live: Weekend Fun: Crew Neck Sweater + Pleated Midi Skirt + Heels
- Grazielle Camilleri: Day 1 at Milan Fashion Week 2018
- Girl in Betsey: The Best Travel Beauty Products from Murale
- I'm a Norbyah: Is Getting Dressed an Artistic Expression?
- Knowing My Style: Pink Blush - Where Flower Blooms
- L'ambassadrice: Lingerie Lessons We’ve Learned from Belle de Jour
- Love Bella Vida: Nenas Estate at Gillman Barracks
- Online Personal Stylist: An Interview with the GREEN FASHION WEEK Team
- Purushu: Finding Gucci Turbans & Hijabs Offensive?
- Tales of Two Blog: Visiting Dachau Concentration Camp in Munich
- The Hare & Style Blog: The Allis at Soho House Chicago
- What Vru Wore: S for Spring, S for Scarf