Interning at Alice + Olivia
I am literally obsessed with this dress. The florals, the layered ruffles, and the sleeves too! It's a perfect spring dress to transition into. I know its pretty much summer by now, but I wore this dress earlier this month and it was definitely not too hot to wear a long sleeved dress. This year the weather was straight up weird, at least it was in Philadelphia. It would go from 50 degrees to 75 degrees then back down to 50 degree weather! So basically the nice spring weather/season was completely skipped over, but hey, at least it gave me a chance to layer and wear dresses like the one above!
This dress is from Alice and Olivia, my all time favorite clothing brand, and today was my first day as an intern there. I interned at Roberto Cavalli last summer, but this was totally different just from the first day. The office is so much bigger, since unlike Roberto Cavalli, everything is produced in-house in NYC (instead of Italy/France etc). This created a totally different vibe and it's super cool to think about how everything is produced right here, right where I am!
Now let me talk about the offices. Obsessed. The decorations and interior is so fun, very AO-like, just like their stores, and each floor (there's 3) has a different theme/decor which makes it that much more fun. It definitely feels very modern/contemporary -- not like a traditional boring office space. The bathroom wallpapers even are funky and cute! On top of that, its in Chelsea aka close to all the good food. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what I learn and experience here and will be doing an update post at the end of the summer!
Links à la Mode, May 31st, 2018
- April Was Here: Memorial Day Outfit + Half Year Sale
- Couture Crush: Interning at Alice + Olivia
- Dangerously Me: Before You Take a Solo Trip, Read This
- Elle is for She: May Favorites 2018
- Girl in Betsey: The Natural Makeup Line You Need to Ty This Spring
- Fashion to Live: Cinco de Mayo Turn Up: Robe + Cuffed Shorts + Heeled Sandals
- Juliet Lilly Rose: How To Find Pieces You’ll Love at the Thrift Store (Without Wasting a Bunch of Time)
- L'ambassadrice: May Highlights | Fortie Label, The Florida Project, And More
- Online Personal Stylist: 5 Minute Fashion Tips: The Right Nude Lipstick for You
- Sifa's Corner: Macy's Beauty Box Review: Do You Need This?
- The Petite Bijou: How To Define Your Personal Brand Using Mood Boards