Wearing Clothes on Repeat
So here I am trying to write my essay but ending up posting on my blog instead.... but I just wanted to write about this topic (title above). So as a blogger or influencer or aspiring influencer, or whatever I am, honestly not sure, there one thing that I always feel. Pressure. Pressure to constantly post new outfits and new things and obviously that is unrealistic. I look at really big bloggers or influencers and see how they constantly "update" their wardrobe like every month, but fashion is also about investment. What is the point of buying something only to never wear it again in a month or two?!
For clothes, yes it is true I try not to repeatedly post the same outfits, but hey sometimes I still do repeat my clothes! Its a normal human thing and I think we should start posting the same things but styled in different ways more often than we actually do. For example, this outfit, the dress is new but my pink bag, I've literally worn in every single outfit and its a bag I got 4 years ago and have been using ever since! I've gotten so much use out of it and that's the entire point! Even if it is in legit every single one of my insta posts, it just proves how worth the buy it was.
I also have had my instagram and blog for so long now and from gaining new followers, I'm sure there are a lot of old outfits my new followers haven't seen so I'm thinking of recycling through outfits more and see what items I still love that I got years ago and post those. That would be pretty fun! Everything I see these days are too much of new trends, new clothes, new seasons, and it's okay to wear last season's clothes because honestly... who really can tell?
Would love to here other people's thoughts! :)
Links à la Mode, July 5th, 2018
- A Girl in LA: California Airbnb’s: Explore The Golden State This Summer
- Couture Crush: Wearing Clothes on Repeat
- Couture Crush: Milk Makeup KUSH High Volume Mascara Review
- Everest Says: Dollin' Up With MyMitMat
- Fashion to Live: Tampa's Downtown: Multi Striped Cross Cami Top With Shorts + Long Cardigan + Sam Edelman
- Girl in Betsey: The 6 Hair Products You Need to Elevate Your Beach Waves and Hydrate Your Hair This Summer
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: A Classy Fourth of July Outfit Idea
- In My Wardrobe: 5 Things You Should & Shouldn't Wear to the Office
- Sifa's Corner: How to Create Easy Bridal Hair Updo in 8 Steps
- The Chic Machine: Ban.do 2018-2019 Planner & Kit Review