I'm so excited to do this review. I was really excited when my Korean friend first showed me these lip tint "tattoos." Seriously, I love Korean cosmetics. If you're not familiar, these lip tints you apply on your lips (it has a glue like consistency), you leave them on for 10-15 minutes and the layer dries and you peel it off leaving you with a natural looking tint. It's said to last up to 12 hours! The Berrisom Lip Tint Pack had been around since last year, but came back with 8 new colors and new packaging for 2015.
I picked up two colors to try, the Bubble Pink and the Sexy Red. Buying it in Japan, each was a little over 1,000 Yen so about $8-9.
So above is the Bubble Pink color. Applying it was a little weird at first, since it's super sticky and gooey. It takes a bit of practice to learn how to apply it cleanly and evenly. I left it for about 15 minutes, and it dried pretty fast and it was easy to peel off. As you can see I didn't cover my entire lip because I wanted to have a gradient lip effect. After peeling the layer off, I immediately drank some water and wiped my mouth, but nothing, not even a little of the color came off. So the claim about the tint lasting for 12 hours is really promising.
Also If you want to see the color more I would recommend applying a thicker layer (which I didn't really do). I also went ahead after and applied a little of a regular tint from YSL and loved it. Layering other colors is definitely something you should try as well!
Sorry for the change in lighting in the picture above. So this one is the second color, Sexy Red. Again, I didn't apply it fully all over my lips. Even though the original color is really dark, as you can see the results are a very natural and pretty color. Again, I would apply a thicker layer if I wanted more of a red color.
I also recommend applying a moisturizing lip balm before applying, as leaving the tint to dry leaves also your lips a bit dry. I would also put a clear gloss afterwards to add a nice sheen.
Overall I'm really happy with the product and I'm excited to go out and buy some more! I want to try the other colors as well. I think this will be my go to lip tint from now on!
If any of you guys have tried it, what do you think?
Links à la Mode: March 26
- Adorned in Armor: Capital Fashion
- Al-Balsam Life: Beauty Tips That Make You Look Younger
- A Handful of Stories: Outfit of the Day: Layered Skirts
- Attire Club: 35 Essential Dressing Tips for Men
- Cat Eyes and Skinny Jeans: Beauty Board: Brilliantly Basic
- Couture Crush: Korean Berrisom 'My Lip Tint Pack' Review
- Fashion Moriarty: What to Wear to Meet Anna Wintour
- Funky Jungle: 5 Tips for Surviving a Shopping Break
- Hey Mishka: DIY Jeweled Spring Hat
- Kremb de la Kremb: The Bag With the Worst Wrap
- Les Assorties: C.J. Bakhos X Piece & Co.
- Moda Addicted: 10 Closet Essentials You Should Splurge On
- My Fashion Slash Life: Glamorous Nigerian Aso-Ebi Wedding Style
- Purushu Arie: Shades of Grey
- Sheela Writes: Sheet Masks Are Taking Over
- Storybook Apothecary: How to Spring Clean Your Life
- The Daily Luxe: 8 Fashion Week Accessories Trends You Can Wear Now
- TLV Birdie: Green Beauty Online: Seed to Serum
- We Are Ready Made: Teenage Riot
- Yukova's Fashion Blog: