Couture Crushin: Kailijumei Flower Lipstick Review
It's been a while since I've done a beauty post, but I'm super excited for this one! As you can already see in the above picture, I'll be reviewing this super aesthetic lipstick! Just look at those flowers and golden specks. When I first heard of this lipstick I just had to get it since I'm attracted to anything visually appealing. It's something thats never really been done before and so this Kailijumei lipstick is gaining a lot of media attention. It's mostly popular in Asia since the brand is a Hong Kong based brand, but even Cosmo did an article on it. Now enough with the visuals and onto the quality of the lipstick itself and I have to say I'm not disappointed.
So here is what the packaging looks like. I ordered a set of three lipsticks, in 3 colors, pink, orange, and red. All of them look like the picture above in this red tube/case. There is a button you press at the top and the end pops out and thats how you pull the lipstick out.
This one is the orange lipstick and when you twist it and the lipstick comes out you can see these beautiful gold specks. Now you twist it all the way up and...
Look at this flower! I could stare at it all day! The other two lipsticks also has golden specks and a flower inside.
This one is the pink.
This one is the red.
Here is the color on my lips. The jelly lipstick glides on so so smoothly, its basically a lipbalm. It is definitely not going to dry out your lips and it isn't sticky at all. It is so wearable not to mention it smells so good! It smells like...candy. The lipsticks are all clear but once you glide it onto your lips your body temperature activates it and it will slowly change color. It became a super pretty pink for me and it is very natural looking. Its basically my lip color but enhanced.
Here are some more shots in different lighting. It is such a cute color and is so perfect to wear for everyday. I tried all three lipsticks but it didn't make any difference in terms of color, as you can see from the pictures. Any difference is because I took the pictures in different light/angles.
Overall I'm really happy with this product! Not only is it pretty and perfect for intas, I actually really like the color it creates and the smoothness/texture of the lipstick on my lips. If you're looking for bold colors I would stick to your traditional lipstick but if you want a natural tint (or lip balm because it feels even more moisturizing than a normal one) this is definitely worth the buy. I would say though theres no reason to buy more than one, since one costs $30, other than for the different flower/look of the lipstick.
*Also one more note, make sure to only buy the lipstick from the official website because there has been so many imitations popping up everywhere at super cheap prices.
I was featured in IFB's Links a la Mode! Check out these other cool blog articles!
Links à la Mode, July 28
- The Antisocialista: Basically, Be Basic
- Boheme Royale: And You See Your Gypsy
- Couture Crush: Couture Crushin | Flower Lipstick Review
- Curls & Cakes: Fiery Red
- Dressing With Class: Outfit for Adventure
- Elements of Ellis: Printed Dress
- Everyday Starlet: The French Beauty Solution Review
- Goldwill Digger: Prim & Romper
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: What I Wore for an Evening with a Geisha
- I’m a Norbyah: The House of Folklore
- Layers of Chic: How to Dress Like Taylor Swift
- Lucy Van Dean: Sometimes You Get Lucky
- Middle of Somewhere: The Best Distressed Boyfriend Shorts & Weekly Linkup
- Ms. FABulous: NYFWM | Black Lives Matter | Making Street Style Count
- MsYoLee: Definition of SOAK for Fashions Sake
- Outfit Zest: Quitting Fashion
- Suzanne Carillo: Top Ten Comfortable Stylish Shoes for Mature Feet
- Tales of Two: Weekend Getaway to Nelson Bay
- The Wanderbliss: Aztec Adventure
- This Season’s Gold: The Event | Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks