Couture Crushin: Personalized Shampoo - Function of Beauty Review
Few months ago I had began seeing instagram posts and facebook ads about a company called function of beauty which is a company that delivers personalized haircare. This caught my eye really fast because my hair is super damaged from the bleach and multiple times I've colored it, so my own personal shampoo and conditioner seemed perfect.
I ordered the 16 oz shampoo and conditioner which cost about $40, which is yes, more expensive than drugstore haircare, but about the same as other luxury/high end shampoo/conditioners. You also have the option to choose from 8 oz, and if you use more conditioner than shampoo for example, you could also do 8 0z shampoo with a 16 oz conditioner.
In addition to size, you can choose from 5 different colors: blue, pink, orange, mint/turquoise, and purple as well as a 6th option of dye free. I chose the turquoise color pictured below.
The different colors itself are just dye and doesn't affect the smell or formula. For the smell you can choose from essential oils, cucumber mint, grapefruit hibiscus, and sandalwood violet. You can even customize the fragrance strength from light medium to strong.
You then continue to choose your hair type (straight, wavy, curly, coily), hair structure (fine, medium, coarse) and scalp moisture (dry, normal, oily).
Now is the last step and the main part. Hair "goals" ! There is multiple options and you can choose your top 5 things you want the formula to focus on. I chose deep condition, replenish hair, fix split ends, strengthen, and color protection.
Scroll down below for pictures of packaging/product and my final thoughts.
I've used this product for about 2-3 months now and I've listed out the following final thoughts.
- The packaging and the aesthetic was immediately attractive. It really does feel personalized, especially how it says "function of - your name" on the box and the bottles themselves
- The smell is AMAZING. I picked the essential oils fragrance (strong) and I swear I have never smelled a shampoo so good out of all the shampoos I've come across. It just really fit my taste perhaps. But, I would love to try the other smells. I would re-order just for that honestly.
- In terms of the formula. Did it make a difference? Maybe. It is quite hard to tell because I always had used hair masks in place of conditioners since my hair was so damaged. But, one thing I did notice was that this conditioner was definitely enough to replace my hair masks. Which somewhat does speak for the quality. Did it drastically change my hair? No. I also noticed that the texture of the conditioner in particular, when using in the shower didn't make my hair feel hydrated and soft like other conditioners or masks, which made me want to use a lot all at once, but once I got out of the shower and dried my hair completely, my hair was indeed soft.
- Would I re-order? Atleast one more time, yes. I want to see if changing up the formula would make more of a difference and I definitely need to try another fragrance because I'm obsessed with that.
If you guys want to try it or check it out here is a $5 off referral code (:
Has anyone else tried it ? What was your experience?
Links à la Mode, June 22nd
- Couture Crush: Function Beauty Review
- Elements of Ellis: Grey Embroidered Cardigan
- Everest Says: How to Wear the Corset Belt
- Everyday Starlet: Vintage Inspired Eyeliners
- Fashion Fairies: Sizzling in Sheer
- For Urban Women: Fashion Forward Dubai Pop Up Store
- Funky Jungle: 6 Random Notes On Style & Fashion
- Grazielle Camilleri: My New Bikini and Matching Kaftan
- Golden Med Girl: My Own Little Fashion Project
- Green Acres Meets Paris: Stylish Kaftans for Summer
- Hampton Roads Fashion & Style: The Loveliest Summer Floral Dress
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: Screen Printed T-Shirt
- Hello Alley: Shopping + Dining on St. Armands Circle in a Denim Jumper
- I'm a Norbyah: Taking Flight for the Summer (Because I Dressed Like a Flight Attendant)
- The Plus Sized Diva: Pick Of The Week: Beating The Heat In A Chubby Girl’s World
- Lay Summers: 3 Quick & Easy Tips for Wearing High Waisted Shorts
- Les Assorties: Fashion Production Insights: Matryoshka Studio